Forgot Your iPhone Passcode? Read to Reset a New One
If you’ve forgotten your iPhone password, you know how annoying it is. All contacts, photos, social media accounts, etc. they are securely hidden between the lock screens, but you cannot access any of them.
You may have recently reset your password and can’t remember what to do during your lifetime. Or you may not have used your cell phone for a while.
Regardless of the problem, Apple may reset the password for the forgotten iPhone (or iPad or iPod). Hopefully recent backups of my device, as some of the latest data may be lost from the process. Obviously, people always want to back up your device, which they haven’t done for their own entertainment, so proceed with caution.
How to Reset Your iPhone Passcode
Before resetting your password, you must select how to delete your device. Unfortunately, this is a prerequisite for resetting your iPhone’s password if you forget it. Therefore, if you have not created backups in the past, the backup comment will not save the device data.
Reset Your Passcode By The Use of iTunes
- If you have synced your device with iTunes in the past, the software may delete the device and password. Connect your device to the computer you want to sync and open iTunes
- If you are asked for a password, try another synchronized computer. If this does not work, use the recovery mode
- Wait for iTunes to sync your device and back up
- After synchronizing and backing up, click Restore iPhone (or Related Device)
- During the iOS device recovery process, the installation screen will appear. Now, tap Restore from iTunes Backup
- Select your device on iTunes. Select the most relevant backup according to the date and size
Reset Your Passcode With Recovery Mode
If you’ve never synced with iTunes, or if you’ve never set up Find My iPhone on iCloud, then recovery is the only option to restore your device and delete passwords.
- First, connect the iPhone to your computer and open iTunes
- Once the device is connected, reboot
- Restore or update options will appear. Select Restore. IPhone will then download the software for your device
- Once the download process is complete, you can configure and use your device.
Reset Your iPhone Passcode By Following These Steps
You will be asked if you want to set a password when initializing the device. If you skip this step or change a password later and change your mind later (unless it provides enough security to do so in 1234), you can set it or restore it later. Follow these simple steps.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down until you find your Touch ID and password.
- Select “Password Enable” or “Change Password”. The first one just needs to set a new password, while the second one has to enter the current password before switching to a new one.