How to Change Your Country (Region) in Google Play Store
Using the Google Play Store is very easy. Just open it, search for the application you want to download and install it on your device. That’s all.
But what if I move to another country? To receive your payment details, you must visit the appropriate version of the Play Store. Google Play also has different applications in different areas and can allow or disable access to specific applications.
If you have recently moved or want to visit the Play Store in another area (which includes large notes), see how you can change your country’s settings on Google Play.
How to Change Country in the Google Play Store
- Open the Play Store app on your Android device.
- Remove the menu on the left and select Account.
- If you have access to a country shift option, this menu will display country entries and profiles.
- Click on this country category to select a new country. If necessary, follow the instructions to add a new payment method for your current country.
- Confirm the warning and accept the changes. Switching between countries will allow you to browse the Play
- Store for this area. It may take up to 24 hours for the changes to take effect.This option is not visible to everyone. It will only appear if you are in a different country before, based on your IP address. In other words, you can’t change the Play Store in your favorite country.
If you use the Google Play Family Library feature, you won’t even see the Play Store area change option. You do not need to use this process to update Google Play Developer Services. You can update it using other methods.
Keep in Mind When you Change Google Play Store Country
There are some important things to keep in mind when changing your Play Store location.
First of all, the old payment method is not available. You need to use this in the new country. After the exchange, you will also not be able to use your balance on Google Play in the home country. This includes gift cards that you have added but have not yet used, as well as credits you have earned on Google Surveys Monitor.
You can also change the Play Store country only once a year. After this time, you can access the same menu again and return to your old country.
For this reason, it is a good idea to change countries in the Play Store only if you really want to move between countries and plan to stay for at least a year. You can deceive it using a VPN, but it’s not worth it just to access a few different applications. You’ll be locked in a Play Store outside the area for quite some time, but that can be a big pain.